In response to an increase in our hybrid and remote workforce, KU Operations, in partnership with KU Information Technology, established “hoteling spaces” throughout the KU Lawrence campus.
What Are Hoteling Spaces?
Hoteling spaces are workstations that can be reserved by KU employees who do not have a designated workspace on campus due to their status as a hybrid or remote employee. Details on how to reserve a space, where the spaces are located, features/attributes of each space, and general use guidelines can be found on this page.
How to Reserve
Before making your room reservation, make sure you’ve already identified which room best meets your needs by exploring the hoteling spaces directory found on this page. Once you’ve determined which space you would like to reserve, follow the steps below to make your reservation:
- Open Oultook.
- Select New Items and choose New Meeting. *
*Make sure you do not reserve the room as an All Day event. Reservations should be made for a set number of hours for that particular day.
- Switch to Scheduling Assistant view within the meeting request.
- Choose Add Rooms to select your meeting room.
- Select All Hoteling Spaces from the Address Book menu.
- Select the room(s) you need for your appointment in the room finder window, double click the selected room, and then click OK.
- Complete your meeting request and click Send.
Hoteling Spaces Map
Easily find the exact location of hoteling spaces and other unique campus resources, on the KU Smart Campus map. Specific features within each of those offices can be identified below.
Hoteling Space Directory & Search Tool
Room attributes and photographs of available hoteling spaces on campus can be found below. Use the search tool to determine spaces that meet your specific needs.
- A reservation is required prior to use.
- Rooms may be reserved by the hour, for up to 12 consecutive hours.
- Hoteling spaces are intended for sporadic use. Reservation requests consisting of multiple, consecutive days should be sent directly to firstname.lastname@example.org for further assistance.
- Reservations are on a first come, first served basis.
- Reservations may not be made more than one month in advance.
- Hoteling spaces do not “belong” to a specific unit or department and are available for reservation and use by all KU employees of the Lawrence and Edwards campuses, regardless of location within a unit, building, department, or school.
- If a particular room with a unique feature (i.e. ergonomic keyboard) is reserved by someone else during the time you need it, please send an email to email@example.com for assistance.
- Reservations are subject to change due to unforeseen building issues, accommodation needs, and other extenuating circumstances. In these instances, you will be contacted by a hoteling space coordinator in advance of your reserved time to assist you in adjusting your reservation.
General Space Information & Guidelines
- Please do not leave any food or drinks in the space at the end of your reservation period. If you do eat in the space, be sure to disinfect the desk or table when you leave.
- Please clean the space and remove all personal items after each use.
- IT and room resource information can be found within each hoteling space.
- Please be considerate of individuals whose personal offices may be located near your hoteling space.
- There will be a physical copy of the Equipment Connection Instructions at each hoteling space.
COVID-19 Health Safety Guidelines
- Disinfection stations are available near elevators in every building if you would like to disinfect the surfaces in the hoteling space before you use it.
- Masks must be worn in all indoor spaces on the KU Lawrence campus, but may be removed when an individual is in a self-contained office (not cubicles) and others are not present. Additional information about the mask policy can be found on the Protect KU resource page.
- Additional health safety information can be found at Protect KU.